At Haven Hills Recovery, we strive to assist individuals and families with local and national resources. Below you will find a list of resources that we believe are important before, during and throughout the continuation of the treatment process.
- https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org National Eating Disorders Association
- http://www.allianceforeatingdisorders.com/portal/ Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness
- http://www.aedweb.org Academy for Eating Disorders
- http://www.feast-ed.org FEAST: Families Empowered and Supporting
Treatment of Eating Disorders
- http://www.anad.org National Association of Anorexia Nervosa &
- http://theprojectheal.org Project Heal
Find a local meeting for support:
- https://oa.org Overeaters Anonymous
- http://www.eatingdisordersanonymous.org Eating Disorders Anonymous
- http://aba12steps.org Anorexia and Bulimia Anonymous
- http://www.aa.org Alcoholics Anonymous
- http://al-anon.org A worldwide fellowship that offers a program of recovery for the families and friends of alcoholics, whether or not the alcoholic recognizes the existence of a drinking problem or seeks help.
- Eating in the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationship with Food Through Myths, Metaphors, and Storytelling – Anita Johnston, PhD
- Body Wars: Making Peace With
- Goodbye ED, Hello Me!: Recover from Your Eating Disorder and Fall in Love with Life – Jenni Schaefer
- Intuitive Eating: Make Peace with Food Free Yourself from Chronic Dieting Reach Your Natural Weight Evelyn Tribole, RD & Elyse Resch, RD
- Life Beyond Your Eating Disorder: Reclaim Yourself, Regain Your Health, Recover For Good – Johanna S. Kandel
- Regaining Your Self: Breaking Free From The Eating Disorder Identity. A Bold New Approach Ira M. Sacker, MD & Sheila Buff
- Religion of Thinness: Satisfying the Spiritual Hungers behind Women’s Obsession with Food and Weight – Michelle Mary Lelwica, ThD
- 100 Questions and Answers About ED – Carolyn Costin, MA, MEd, MFCC
- Brave Girl Eating: The Inspirational True Story of One Family’s Battle with Anorexia – Harriet Brown
- Father Hunger: Fathers Daughters & Food – Margo Maine, Ph.D.
- Just Tell Her To Stop: Family Stories of Eating Disorders – Becky Henry
- The Parent’s Guide to Eating Disorders: Supporting Self-Esteem, Healthy Eating, & Positive Body Image at Home – Marcia Herrin, Ed.D., M.P.H., R.D. and Nancy Matsumoto
- Surviving an Eating Disorder: Strategies for Family and Friends – Michelle Siegel, Ph.D., Judith Brisman, Ph.D. and Margot Weinshel, Ph.D.
- Why She Feels Fat: Understanding Your Loved One’s Eating Disorder and How You Can Help – Johanna McShane, PhD & Tony Paulson, PhD